Friday, December 14, 2012

IN SEARCH OF MY SPIRIT


All my life I have searched for YOU.
What is life anyway?
Waking up in the morning to do the chores of the day.
I have to do this, I need to do that.
The hour is ticking fast, I have to hurry.

My body feels weary - but why?
I look around.
What am I to complain about?
I am given burdens yes, but solutions are always strewn around.
I only have to pick up the pieces
without extra effort, the puzzle is solved.

Life, if this has been life, has been easy.
Not much struggle, not much fun fare.
Could it be dull then?
How would I know?
It has always been like this.

If only YOU had surfaced out
I should have known what YOU wanted.
But all along YOU have remained so silent.

Somehow in your stillness
HE never fails to make me feel HIS presence
leading me to right courses
tipping-off the right choices. 

Sometimes though, I feel a tinge of envy.
People walking around
knowing the “YOU” in them.
They are happy …ah no, they are elated.
Their “YOU” overtly managing their state of affairs.

I started searching for my "YOU".
Who really are YOU?
But still YOU never heed my call.
You seem to be contented hiding behind.
But I stood adamant.
YOU have to surface out.

HE understood.
I, my body, busy keeping a living
YOU, my spirit, my soul, at bay
HE stepped aside
gave us the space WE needed. 
HE paved the way.

I, my body, have no more work to do
So at last I meet YOU
Dumb founded and in awe…
I comprehend
All the time I am blocking YOU.  

Then I, my body, weakened
YOU, my spirit, is at a loss
Finally united we realize
YOU and I cannot really exist
without HIM, Jesus our LORD.




No comments:

Post a Comment